You Are Here: Home » Advice » Injured by an Unidentified/Uninsured Car – What Do I Do?

Injured by an Unidentified/Uninsured Car – What Do I Do?

A car accident can be a traumatic event. However, when the at-fault driver speeds off after the accident, or you find out that the driver is not insured, that can make you even more nervous and confused about your rights.

People often wonder whether they have a right to any accident benefits and whether they have a right to recover for pain and suffering, future losses and other damages that are often claimed in lawsuits. In the majority of cases, the fact that the other driver is unidentified or the fact that the other driver does not have insurance, probably will not stand in the way of your entitlement. There is “uninsured and unidentified” coverage available to many injured persons under their own car insurance policies. Many people do not even know that they have this coverage available to them.

If insurance is not available there may still be a way to claim through a government system known as the motor vehicle accident claims fund. It is important to investigate the availability of insurance early.

However, in motor vehicle accident cases, notice and time limits do apply. If you have been injured and have questions it is important that you speak to a lawyer right away who can provide a legal analysis of your rights and provide you with advice about the steps that you have to take to protect your rights.

About The Author

Personal Injury Lawyer-Whitby

Steven Polak is a personal injury lawyer in Whitby, Durham and Toronto Ontario who works as part of the team of over 100 lawyers at Lerners LLP, he assists injury and disability victims with motor vehicle accident lawsuits, accident benefits cases, disability benefit denial cases, slip and falls, and other injury claims.

Number of Entries : 97

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Sitemap | | © 2017 Ontario Injury Law

Scroll to top